Live Aboard and Learn to Sail Vacation
ASA (American Sailing Association) Certifications
We offer all levels of ASA (American Sailing Association) certifications.
The American Sailing Association is the predominant standards bearer and codifier in the arena of recreational sailing education in the Americas. The organization was founded in 1983 by television producer Lenny Shabes who felt there was no recognized educational system in place to learn the sport of sailing.
Earning an ASA certification will become one of your prized accomplishments. Not only does it evidence your new sailing ability to the world, it gives you the confidence to maximize your experience.
Depending on the level of ASA certification you are seeking, we have several packages for you to choose from: Please note that you must be certified at each level
If you have previous sailing experience and want to jump up to Coastal Cruising, you must first challenge the ASA certification Basic Keelboat written and practical exam. For details on challenging, please call us at: 619-925-4778
1-800-792-9726 or 619-925-4778
All quoted package prices are for 2 students (not per person). You may include additional friends or family at a cost of $500 per additional person.
Basic Keelboat and Basic Coastal
(best suited for students with prior sailing/boating experience)
3 Day Learn to Sail for Two
Cruising (ASA 101/103)
4 Day Learn to Sail for Two
Basic Coastal Cruising and Bareboat Charter (ASA 103/104)
(must have previously completed Basic Keelboat ASA 101)
4 Day Package for Two
Basic Keelboat, Basic Coastal Cruising and Bareboat Charter
6 Day Package for Two
We also offer the following certifications:
- Cruising Catamaran ASA 114
- Coastal Navigation ASA 105
- Advanced Coastal Cruising ASA 106.
Please call for scheduling and pricing.
Packages are all inclusive, but they do not include provisioning.
- We provide you transportation to several nearby grocery stores after you arrive, so you can purchase what you need.
- We pick you up from the airport or provide free parking if you are driving or renting a car.
- The boat has a fully equipped galley (that's kitchen on a boat 😉 ) including a microwave, for you to prepare any meal. If you don’t want to cook
- If you do not want to cook, there are several excellent restaurants to have dinner withing walking distance. Starbucks for breakfast and a great deli right at our marina.
- We provide linens and towels
We usually anchor each day for lunch and to review and prepare you for your written exam.
What does the class price include:
- All textbooks
- Study materials
- One year membership to the American Sailing Association (101 only).
- If scheduling permits, you may be able to stay aboard the Beneteau Oceanis 37’ Platinum Edition the night before, or the night after your class begins or ends. Or, you can contact the Sheraton Harbor Resort and Marina, located next to us, for special rates or promotions.
If for any reason you need to cancel, all cancellations need to be in writing or email.
- More than 60 days before your class, a $100 per person charge will be made to cover the cost of books, shipping, etc.
- From 30 days to 60 days before your class, a fee equaling 25% of the full cost of the class will be charged.
- Less than 30 days will result in loss of your 50% deposit.
If we are able to rebook your time slot, we will issue a full credit for money paid to apply to a future booking.