Live Aboard and Learn to Sail Vacation
ASA (American Sailing Association) Certifications
The American Sailing Association is the predominant standards bearer and codifier in the arena of recreational sailing education in the Americas. The organization was founded in 1983 by television producer Lenny Shabes who felt there was no recognized educational system in place to learn the sport of sailing.
Earning an ASA certification will become one of your prized accomplishments. Not only does it evidence your new sailing ability to the world, it gives you the confidence to maximize your experience.
Depending on the level of ASA certification you are seeking, we have several packages for you to choose from: Please note that you must be certified at each level before moving to the next.
If you have previous sailing experience and want to jump up to Coastal Cruising, you must first challenge the ASA Basic Keelboat written and practical exam. For details on challenging, please call us at 619-316-6430
ASA (American Sailing Association) Classes
All quoted package prices are for 2 students (not per person). Contact us if you are interested in our non-liveaboard rates.
You may include additional friends or family at a cost of $500 per additional person for the 101 course. $700 per person for the 101/103 course and $900 per person for the 101/103/104.
3 Day ASA 101/103 Basic Keelboat and Basic Coastal Cruising
(best suited for students with prior sailing experience)
priced per 2 students
4 Day ASA 101/103 Basic Keelboat and Basic Coastal Cruising
4 Day Learn to Sail for Two
4 Day ASA 103/104 Basic Coastal Cruising and Bareboat Cruising
(prerequisite Basic Keelboat ASA 101)
4 Day Package for Two
6 Day ASA 101/103/104 Basic Keelboat, Basic Coastal Cruising and Bareboat Cruising
6 Day Package for Two
We also offer the following certifications:
- ASA 105 Coastal Navigation
- ASA 106 Advanced Coastal Cruising
- SA 118 Docking Endorsement
Please call for scheduling and pricing.
What to expect:
- Our prices include course books, logbooks, shipping to one address, and port taxes/marina fees. Provisions are not included.
- The boat has a fully equipped galley including a small fridge, stove, microwave, cookware, dishes and utensils for you to prepare meals. You can expect to anchor for lunch.
- If you prefer not to cook, there are several excellent restaurants within walking distance. Our marina has also a great deli serving breakfast lunch and dinner.
- We provide linens and bath towels for your stay. You will have access to the marina locker rooms, showers and laundry room during your stay.
- If scheduling permits, you may be able to stay aboard the Beneteau Oceanis 37’ Platinum Edition the night before, or the night after your class begins or ends. Or, you can contact the Sheraton Harbor Resort and Marina, located next to us, for special rates or promotions.
If for any reason you need to cancel, all cancellations need to be in writing or email.
- More than 60 days before your class, a $100 per person charge will be made to cover the cost of books, shipping, etc.
- From 30 days to 60 days before your class, a fee equaling 25% of the full cost of the class will be charged.
- Less than 30 days will result in loss of your 50% deposit.
If we are able to rebook your course, we will issue a full credit for money paid to apply to a future booking.